3Dimensions™ Mammography System
Selenia Dimensions system’s Genius 3D MAMMOGRAPHY exam: Simply a better mammogram: The revolutionary Selenia Dimensions system, which has set the new standard in mammography screening, provides:
- Exceptionally sharp images
- Seamless transition between imaging modes
- Sophisticated user tools that simplify operation
- Advanced clinical applications
- The world’s first and only tomosynthesis-guided biopsy
- Ergonomic design for patient comfort and ease of operation
In addition, the Selenia Dimensions system’s Genius 3D MAMMOGRAPHY exam is the only breast tomosynthesis that offers the following advantages over 2D mammography:
- A 41% increase in invasive breast cancer detection
- Up to 40% reduction in false positive recalls, minimizing patient anxiety and unnecessary costs
Streamlining workflow, the Selenia Dimensions system performs the imaging of tomorrow, today. All configurations offer the following features.
- Images that can be instantly viewed on a 2 MP or 3MP DICOM-calibrated display, providing exceptionally fine detail.
- Allows prior breast imaging studies to be recalled, making it possible to view new and prior images side-by-side.
Optimized face shield:
- Retractable to help when positioning patients.
- Stationary during 3D imaging, allowing patients to be positioned as they are for 2D imaging.
FAST Paddle system
- Conforms to natural contours of the breast, providing greater comfort to the patient and more even compression across the entire breast.
- All paddles used for 2D and 3D imaging.
Streamlined tube head:
- Streamlined tube head and ample Source-to Image Distance (SID) of 70 cm, making positioning easier and providing more space for interventional procedures.
Multiple procedure modes:
- 2D mammography
- Genius 3D MAMMOGRAPHY
- Low-dose Genius 3D MAMMOGRAPHY
- 3D MAMMOGRAPHY only
- 2D or 3D biopsy with the Affirm breast biopsy guidance system
- I-View software for Contrast-Enhanced 2D Imaging.
Computer and Reconstruction Subsystem
Design Fully integrated, zero footprint
CPU Type Multi-core Intel Memory 8 GB RAM (min): Avia 3000 16 GB RAM (min): 6000/9000 Hard Drive 1.0 TB (min.)
Operating System Win 7/64 Embedded.
X-ray Subsystem Specifications
Integrated Generator, Zero footprint, fully integrated, Constant Potential High-Frequency Inverter
Rating 7.0 kW max. (ISOwatt); 200 mA @ 35 kV
Electrical Power Capacity 9.0 kW max.
kV Range 2D: 20 to 39 kV, 2D, 1 kV steps (0.5 kV steps option)
3DTM: 20 to 49 kV, 2D, 1 kV steps
mAs Range 3.0 to 500 mAs
Digital Image Receptor
TFT-based direct capture Amorphous selenium Image Receptor.
Pixel Size: 70 microns
Limiting Spatial Resolution: 2D: 7.1 lp/mm 3D™ exam: 3.5 lp/mm
Dynamic Range Linear response over 400:1 in X-ray exposure.
X-ray Control & Exposure Modes
1. Manual User selects all parameters
2. Auto-Time System selects mAs; User selects filter, kV.
3. Auto-kV System selects kV, mAs; User selects filter.
4. Auto-Filter System selects filter, kV, mAs.
X-ray Activation Single exposure, either table-top button or Integrated footswitch:
A better 3D™ breast screening experience – for everyone.
The new 3Dimensions™ system is designed to provide higher quality 3D™ images for radiologists, a more comfortable mammography experience for patients and enhanced workflow for technologists. Discover how sharper images and smarter technologies continue to help find invasive cancers – regardless of age or breast density.
Designed to be the fastest, highest resolution breast tomosynthesis system, ever.
The new 3Dimensions mammography system matches the unrivaled performance of our Genius 3D Mammography exam, which is more accurate than conventional 2D mammograms, detecting 20%-65% more invasive breast cancers. Breakthrough improvements transform the patient experience without compromising speed or accuracy.
- Clinically proven to deliver a more comfortable mammogram.
- Improves the patient experience with a curved compression surface that mirrors the shape of the breast, for a more even compression.
- Designed to improve visibility of fine details for greater diagnostic confidence.
Enables technologists to conduct fast, efficient exams and accelerate reading time to streamline workflow.