Affirm® Prone Breast Biopsy System
A new era of prone biopsy
The Affirm prone breast biopsy system delivers faster, more comfortable procedures by increasing automation, providing superior imaging and giving 360° access to the breast, creating a better experience for patients and providers.
It’s the only dedicated prone biopsy system offering superior 2D or tomosynthesis 3D imaging and allows for 2D users to easily upgrade to 3D imaging when ready. It’s the only dedicated prone system with a modern operating system designed for the future.
- Superior imaging capability and a wider field of view
With high-quality 2D or tomosynthesis (3D) imaging and a field of view that’s more than 6.5 times larger than older generations of prone biopsy systems.
- Increased automation for fast, easy procedures
Featuring an automated tube-head motion, pre-programmed needle parameters and one-click targeting, the Affirm prone biopsy system is streamlined for efficiency.
- Quickly reach challenging lesion locations
A fully integrated C-arm and bidirectional patient positioning provide a new level of 360° access to the breast, improving access to some of the most challenging lesions
- Give patients a compassionate experience
More than 95% of patients reported their Affirm prone biopsy procedure was faster, more comfortable and less painful than expected.
- The 2D biopsy configuration provides traditional 2D stereotactic biopsy capabilities while also providing superior imaging, a faster easier workflow and improved access to the breast.¹
- The 3D™ biopsy configuration provides all of the capabilities of the 2D configuration, but also adds tomosynthesis-guided biopsy.
Both systems include:
- Bi-directional elevating patient support platform.
- Fully integrated and independently rotating tube-arm, biopsy arm, detector mechanism.
- Exclusive, fully integrated lateral needle approach.
- 180° continuous C-arm rotation.
- Under table and biopsy field work lights (LED, dimmable).
- High resolution color touchscreen biopsy control module.
- DICOM: Worklist, Query/Retrieve, Storage, Storage Commitment, Print.
- 1 set of Paddles: 5 cm x 5 cm (biopsy window) standard, 6 cm x 7 cm Standard, 5 cm x 5 cm axillary, 15 cm (total width) lateral.
- Fine needle guide accessory.
- 1 stool with backrest.
Adjustable height workstation:
- Electronic lift mechanism (40.7 cm vertical travel).
- Workflow display monitor: 17” 1280 x 1024 resolution.
- 2 MP or 3 MP DICOM image display monitors
Give Patients a Compassionate Experience
More than 95% of patients reported their Affirm prone biopsy procedure was faster, more comfortable and less painful than expected. The system is designed with patients’ physical and emotional comfort in mind. Direct view of the biopsy needle is eliminated helping to reduce patient stress, and clinicians can quickly identify, target and access lesions to help reduce time spent in compression.
Interchangeable table apertures suit a wide range of body types, and the patient support platform can support and lift up to 400 pounds. Four lightweight paddle options suit each patient’s breast size, lesion location and the clinician’s desired approach.
Experience the Difference
Whether using traditional 2D imaging or the latest tomosynthesis imaging, the Affirm prone system employs advanced, proprietary technology to help clinicians identify, target and access lesions for faster biopsies. The high-quality imaging of the Affirm prone biopsy system allows clinicians to pinpoint extremely subtle lesions, including low contrast distortions and faint calcifications, quickly and confidently.
- Generate high-quality images in seconds
- With a detector that’s more than 6.5 times larger than previous generations of prone biopsy systems, the Affirm prone system provides an expansive view of the breast to allow for easy targeting. The system’s X-ray translucent, clear paddles help visualize tissue inside and outside the biopsy window to quickly and confidently position the patient.
- It’s the only dedicated prone biopsy system offering high-quality 2D or 3D imaging, and it utilizes the proven detector technology from Hologic’s Selenia Dimensions mammography system. 3D Breast Biopsy can localize subtle lesions that may not be visible using conventional 2D imaging. It also further reduces process steps, which may lead to a faster procedure and a lower dose of radiation for the patient.