Affirm Upright Biopsy system
The Affirm breast biopsy guidance system is a complete biopsy solution for our Selenia Dimensions mammography system developed to address the challenges of upright breast biopsy. This novel and efficient solution meets biopsy needs of today and paves the way for future advances in interventional procedures with its ground-breaking 3D biopsy option and Lateral Arm accessory.
The Affirm upright system’s 3D biopsy procedure enables rapid re-identification and targeting of areas only visible or better seen with 3D Mammography exams. Moreover, Affirm upright 3D biopsy offers superior performance compared to stereotactic biopsy, resulting in more accurate, faster procedures.
The Affirm upright system gives facilities the opportunity to offer minimally invasive stereotactic and 3D breast biopsy procedures, as well as wire localization services, right in the breast imaging suite. The Affirm upright system is compatible with most biopsy devices available in the market today, giving you maximum flexibility and allowing you to perform breast biopsies on a wide spectrum of patients.
- The proven direct-capture detector in your Selenia Dimensions or 3Dimensions mammography system ensures that you can biopsy lesions found during screening with certainty.
- A large field of view for high-resolution stereotactic 2D or 3D images simplifies visualizing suspicious areas.
- Automated tube-head positioning for both 2D and 3D imaging eliminates the need to manually adjust the X-ray tube location, helping accelerate procedures.
- Intuitive design, simple touchscreen controls and clear displays of safety margins make it easy for mammography users to quickly learn interventional procedures.
- Access challenging lesions with the optional lateral arm accessory. It installs quickly to present the needle parallel to the detector – especially valuable for thinly compressed breasts.
Standard or Axillary Paddle : 5 cm x 5 cm x 10 cm
Wide Access Paddle : 6 cm x 7 cm x 10 cm
Compression Method : Motorized and Manual Compression
Compression Range : Up to 15 cm
Image Area :18 cm x 24 cm
Breast Positioning Area : 24 cm x 29 cm
SID : 70 cm
Weight : <7kg (<15lb)
Breast Biopsy Guidance
Needle Guidance : Cartesian Coordinate System Z-Axis has 10° tilt
Guidance Movements : X- and Y-Axes – Motorized,Z-Axis – Manual
Biopsy Control Module
Display Window : Touchscreen Color LCD(800 pixels x 600 pixels)
Lesion Coordinate Display : Numeric, Cartesian
Display Mode : Target Guidance, Jog Screen,Select Targets
Workflow Display : 1.2 MP Touchscreen Color or Standard Color LCD display
Image Display : 2 MP or 3 MP Medical Grade LCD DICOM Display
Biopsy Device Compatibility
Needle Length : Up to 140 mm
Pinpoint subtle lesions and faint calcifications – including those that may only be visible with tomosynthesis, with the 3D™ biopsy option.
- Allows you to easily target lesions, including those visible only in tomosynthesis images.
- Streamlines procedure steps and speeds targeting, resulting in improved workflow and shorter patient procedure time.
- Reduces patient dose, as fewer exposures are required.
Efficient, fast, easy to learn and use. The system provides a simplified user interface to help deliver a fast biopsy with fewer steps and a lower patient dose.