Brevera Breast Biopsy System
The Brevera system streamlines the entire breast biopsy process from start to finish – with real-time imaging for instant verification and automated post-biopsy specimen handling.
This has the potential to save an average of 10 minutes per procedure to transform the patient experience and boost productivity. A reusable device driver and disposable needles provide new functionality, simplify storage and improve waste management. And remote system operation puts control where it belongs – in the hands of the physician.
- Fast procedures: More confidence in sample verification allows for fast biopsy procedures, which frees up resources.
- Optimized technologist workflow: Little to no manual handling post -biopsy helps maintain sample integrity from patient to pathology, improving technologists’ workflow and freeing time for other procedures.
- Fewer steps: Advanced tissue handling automatically separates samples for pathology.
- Improved sample identification: Separates and identifies samples with a 12-chamber tissue filter to provide guidance for pathology.
- Patient satisfaction: Fast procedures mean less time under compression for the patient, which can result in a more positive biopsy experience.
Biopsy Device Components
Reusable driver dimensions: 7. 8 L x 2.9 W x 1.7 in H (19.8 x 7.4 x 4.3 cm)
Reusable driver weight: 17 oz (500g)
Disposable needle specifications: 14 L x 2 W x 1.25 in H (35.6 x 5.1 x 3.2 cm)
Disposable needle weight with tubing set: 9.5 oz (269.3g)
Tissue filter diameter: 2.4 in (6.1 cm)
Acquisition Workstation/Specimen Imaging Display
CPU: Multi-core Intel
Memory :4GB RAM
Hard disk: 500 GB (approx. 10,000 patient files)
Storage media: External USB flash drive
Display monitor: 15 in (38.1 cm) WXGA (1366 x 768) color LCD display, touchscreen
Operating system: Windows Embedded 7
Network connection: 10, 100, 1000-Base-T; wireless 802.11 b/g/n
DICOM services: Worklist, print, storage
User interface: On-screen keyboard
Visualization enhancement: 5 levels of image sharpening
Energy range: 20-35 kV
Anode type: Tungsten
Tube current: 1 mA
Exposure: 10 mAs maximum
Focal spot size: 50 μm
Filtration: 125 μm beryllium
Pixel size and output image: 20 μm 12bit
Active imaging area: 3.3 x 2.5 cm
Console weight: 195 lbs (88kg)
Voltage range Brevera: 100 100 –120 V
Voltage range Brevera: 200 220 –240 V
Operating frequency: 50Hz–60Hz
Peak line current: 9 Amps peak, 4 Amps typical
Power consumption: 800W
Transforming 2D and 3D breast biopsy – in real-time.
The Brevera system streamlines the entire breast biopsy process from start to finish – with real-time imaging for instant verification and automated post-biopsy specimen handling. Potential to cut procedure time by up to 25% or more to transform the patient experience and boost productivity
The Brevera breast biopsy system features a reusable device driver and disposable needles to provide new functionality, simplify storage, and improve waste management. And remote system operation puts control where it belongs – in the hands of the physician.
Fast, streamlined, accurate
For Physicians and Technologists
- Confidently verify excised tissue using CorLumina real-time imaging technology.
- Quickly identify faint calcifications with built-in image enhancement tools on a high-resolution, touch-screen monitor.
- Automatically separate, identify, and analyze target samples, then transfer seamlessly to pathology with minimal handling to help maintain core integrity.
- Potential to shorten procedures and average of up to 25% or more to free up your time and can result in a more positive patient experience.
For Biopsy Patients
- Spend less time under compression to enhance the patient experience.
- Ensure accurate transfer of samples from radiology to pathology for peace of mind.